Followers

Friday 30 June 2017

A Photograph of Déjà Vu

In the nothingness you left in my world,
When you left,
I found the shooting stars

From one summer evening.
The debris of my love, cleanly wrapped
In silence : You knew well

How the seashells would eventually become
Ashes of lonesome dusks.
Pixie dust on my bookshelf

Lies untouched. I haven't yet
Found leisure to read your letters
From places in our bucket list.

And yet, on some mornings, I wish
I could go back to sleep.
But instead, I end up leaving

Trails of memories, as I walk on
The secret road to the horizon
Where the earth finally meets the leaden sky.

Someday, the mirror will tire of my tears-
Someday, I will stop mid sentence.
Someday, I will tell you how it feels

To have taken a photograph of déjà vu.

No comments:

Post a Comment